Causes of Chronic Pain - New Life Outlook | Chronic Pain

New Life OutlookNew Life Outlook New Life Outlook
edited February 2015 in Cause

Chronic Pain article: Causes of Chronic Pain - New Life Outlook | Chronic PainCauses of Chronic Pain - New Life Outlook | Chronic Pain

There are many causes of chronic pain. In some cases, one major event disrupts the normal nerve impulses, but in other cases, it’s an ongoing condition.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I don't know what to do at t his point. My trauma was the murder of my son and daughter 8 yrs ago. I have not been the same since. My chronic pain is probably caused by that trauma. But I have RA also and have had it since I was 18 and I'm 67. I went to see a pain management doctor and he put me on more meds. I take over 11 meds a day . What to do at this point I don't know.
  • I HAVE NEUROPHY IN LEGS NOT FEET CANT STAY ON FEET VERY LONG CAN ANY ONE HELP ME ?
  • Hello,
    I'm Delphia Parker
    I am 64 years old and suffering from severe chronic pain. Been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, degenerative disease and to many other things. I stay in constant pain. I was on opiates for about 6 years. They built up in my system and I almost died from what doctor's said was an overdose . It was because my levels were way to high . They were never checked by any of my doctors. I had been going to ER for yrs. They never told me the problem. Turned out each time I was at overdose levels. Not once did hospital or my Doctors tell me what was wrong or why I kept going to ER. Instead they treated me like a drug addict who was overdosing on purpose. I never once took full amount of my daily medicine. To scared. I was on #10 Percocet, 4 times a day, 30mg.Opana twice a day. When asked doctor for something not as strong as Opana was put on morphine, 30 mg twice a day. If I had taken all that as prescribed I would be dead. After going to ER for a lethal overdose where I almost died, I asked for my records. That's when I found out about overdose in my body. If anyone of the hundreds of people who was supposed to be helping me had told me why I was at ER ALL TIME, I WOULD NOT HAVE ALMOST DIED
    I would have had something done.
    Now I won't take opiates. For 2 years or so I couldn't get out of bed due to the unbearable pain. My 11yr old adopted son took care of me. Last Spring, almost a year now, I started taking CBD OIL AND SMOKING A SMALL AMOUNT OF MARIJUANA I AM NOW ABLE TO GET OUT OF BED AND DO A LITTLE EACH DAY. WATER EXERCISING HELPED AS WELL.
    I am still in unbearable pain, it hasn't gone away, gets worse, but I'm able to be a part of life a little more where I wasn't at all before. I continue to look for alternative ways to dealing with my constant pain. It is always a level 7-8. Some days it's off the charts. I scream and cry, but will not give up or give in. I have had surgery on my right shoulder that didn't work, not knees that R now better, and doctors want to do surgery on my feet, other shoulder and my neck. I said no for now as I no longer trusts Doctors .
    Got lots of things going on with my body. Wish I could feel good everything once in awhile. But for now I'm happy to be able to get up and do simply chores. The more I do of course, the more I hurt. But. Gonna hurt anyway, So being as busy as I can makes pain more dealable as have reason for it.
    Everyday I Pray for what I need to do what I need to do, and for a way to help me not hurt so much. Sometimes I honestly don't feel I can go through one more day, but I do and I will.
    I Pray for U all who suffer unbearable pain, and that U find a way to help U
    Like I said, CBD OIL AND SMOKING A SMALL AMOUNT OF MARIJUANA PLUS MEDITATION WITH WATER EXERCISE HAS HELPED ME.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR