Pain Medications for Neuropathy - New Life Outlook

New Life OutlookNew Life Outlook New Life Outlook
edited February 2015 in Treatments

Chronic Pain article: Pain Medications for Neuropathy - New Life OutlookPain Medications for Neuropathy - New Life Outlook

Most people with some form of nerve pain require prescription drugs to keep their symptoms under control. Here are some commonly prescribed medications.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Only thing that works for me is lyrica. But I have a crushed nerve from a fusion.
  • After 27 years of trying all the meds they just suggested ..A friend of mine took me fishing one day and rolled a marijuana cigarette . Now I hadnt touched this stuff since highschool ..but honestly 2 tokes and I felt better than I had in 20 plus years .. you know your doing fine when you start to forget your cain .. not sure what else to say .. its not like it was back in the 80s .. its nice to be Legal
  • Lyrica 75mg 2x daily
    I take it for Peripheral Neuropathy due to a rotated spinal cord & numerous spine fusions.
  • I had to take pain meds for a back problem three years ago. I took yhe meds for years. No addiction. This refusal to give pain meds out of fear of addiction are bull. What about quality of life? You have a real good quality of life walking around in. Pain all day don't we. Dispense pain meds more freely.
  • I suffer from extreme neuropathy pain. I was taking baclofen but I started having bad side effects plus I was prescribed Elavil and oxycodone and lidocaine patches. instead of the baclofen, the dr is trying me on methocarbamol. the methocarbamol is keeping muscle spasms at bay, but not touching my nerve pain. anyone have any suggestions I can throw at my dr? she is also sending me to a pain management dr.
  • ⓢⓔⓔⓜⓢ ⓛⓘⓚⓔ ⓣⓗⓔⓨ ⓦⓞⓤⓛⓓ ⓖⓘⓥⓔ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓝⓔⓡⓥⓔ meds
  • Suzie0928Suzie0928 Member
    edited August 2017
    @nancy65 I take oxycodone also but for the spasms my doc prescribes valium and gabapentin for the nerve damage and it works well. Doesn't kill all the pain but manages it well.
  • I am in pain management for Psoriatic Arthritis, Degenerative Disk Disease, and Osteo of the spine. The current war on opioids due to illegal drug use of heroin and fentynal has pain patients such as myself suffering as our meds are reduced, and we are treated less than human with urine tests, pill counts, ..people like me need opioids for mobility and productivity and yet we are clumped in with the illegal street users??? Some in my pain group circles, and lifelong friends have opted to commit suicide. The antidepressants, and neurontin ..mess with the chemical of the brain and are often not effective for people in high level 9/10 pain. There needs to be a seperation of illegal drug users and people dealing with severe illness and yet currently there is not its not humane.
  • @Jean I agree with you 100%. From the doctors office to the pharmacy it has become harder and harder to get the medications we need. I finally have a great doctor but struggle with being able to get my scripts filled some months. Just 2 months ago I spent 2 days and 12 pharmacies until I was able to get my prescription filled and then I had to transfer every one of my meds and my husband's go the pharmacist to fill my oxycodone prescription. It's due to new DEA regulations that make it so difficult because of the opiod problem. Its just not fair to those of us who need them and do not abuse them!!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR